There will come a time in your engineering career where you have to make a tough decision. Some of those decisions include:
- Leaving a company you like for a better opportunity
- Leaving a freelancing or lifestyle business
- Changing your career focus and vision
- Many others
Here’s how to make a decision:
- Don’t just jump to an answer. Think about it for 24 hours
- Don’t let it consume you. Walk around, go about your usual day, etc.. Don’t just sit and think about the decision
- Do what’s best for you and your family, always. If you don’t have a family, then do what’s best for you.
- Think if the decision puts you a step forward or a step backward in your mission.